Thanks to Craig's Car Care!

Need to blow off a little steam? Here's the place, but keep it respectful!
Have some Kudos to give? Let everyone hear!
Forum rules
Disrespectful posts will be removed at the Administrators discretion.

Thanks to Craig's Car Care!

Postby Brenda on Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:18 pm

Posted for Carol:

Driving home with my horse trailer I had a blow out (right front truck tire, no wear on the tread!)in Allen on Exchange Parkway just before Highway 5. Thank God I wasn't on Highway 75! I was able to pull in to a closed gas station and park right under the gas pump overhang in the shade. I waited a long time until my husband could come with a jack to change the tire. A good Samaritan stopped and got the spare out for us. We didn't have the right tool to get it down.

I called the USRider Insurance that I purchased in January for $80 per year. They called 20 different vendors and finally one from Denton was available in 90 minutes. That was at 2:30. I had called them at 1:45 pm. A good Samaritan got the spare out for me as I didn’t have the right tool to get it from underneath the truck. My husband went to Walmart and bought a jack that worked. We had the spare on the truck and were on our way at 4:30 and the USRider provider still had not arrived to help. I called USRider back and canceled the help. Some service. They apologized.

When we were pulling out, the local Lucas garage mechanic/owner of Craig’s Car Care stopped in his big towing rig to see if we needed any help. I'll know who to call next time.
Carol
Brenda

Return to Ranting and Raving